Volcano Express Lanzarote
Volcano Express Lanzarote
The visit to Timanfaya and the wine region of La Geria is practically required if you have plans to make a trip to the neighbouring island.
On our Volcano Tour we will take you on a visit to get to know one of Lanzarote’s most stunning environments: the Timanfaya National Park. We will also explore the volcanic coast of the southern area visiting the green lake of El Golfo and Los Hervideros, to finish off in the wine region of La Geria where you get to taste one of the famous local Malvasía wines. Lanzarote, 100% volcanic essence!
- Return transfer from selected Fuerteventura hotels.
- Return ferry from Fuerteventura – Lanzarote
- Official guide
- Visit to the Aloe Vera museum
- Entrance to Timanfaya National Park
- Visit to a wine cellar in La Geria (optional wine tasting)
- Mandatory liability and accident insurance
READ MORE FOR FULL DESCRIPTION
Duration: Full day
After bus pick-up from the different tourist areas, we leave Corralejo harbour on a regular ferry heading towards Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. There a guide is waiting for us to begin our volcanic adventure.
The first stop is at the Aloe Vera museum and interpretation centre in the town of Yaiza where they will show us the cultivation and production processes and the properties of this miracle plant.
Then, we will head towards the Timanfaya National Park. Prepare yourselves to enjoy the unique experience of feeling the volcanic activity of the Fire Mountains!
Timanfaya is a vast natural space designed by the volcanic activity that took place at the end of the 18th century that at the present has 25 volcanoes that have some activity only asleep: in some areas the surface temperatures exceeding 100ªC. We will have the opportunity to witness the geothermal experiments that take place during the visit to the “Route of the Volcanoes”.
We will continue along the remote volcanic coast towards the endearing fishing town of El Golfo, where you will be able to visit the famous Green Lake or Lago de Los Clicos a natural lagoon with greenish water due to the action of algae after filtering seawater. We will also pass by Los Hervideros, a large volcanic tube that has formed over the years and allows you to see the natural spectacle of waves breaking against the lava.
To conclude our route, we will visit one of La Geria’s famous wine cellar where you can taste an authentic Lanzarote malvasía wine (optional).
Back in Playa Blanca, the boat will wait for us for the journey back to Corralejo, where we will arrive around 17.00 pm.
- Tell us where you are staying to find out the time and the collection point nearest your hotel for the day of the tour (pick ups from Jandía and Costa Calma on Saturdays. Pick ups from Caleta de Fuste and Corralejo, Tuesdays and Saturdays).
- Boat departure time from Corralejo 10h30 – Return from Playa Blanca 16h15.
- Do not forget your camera, the landscapes will leave you wide-eyed.