Swim with sealions at Rancho Texas Park
Swimming with sea lions at Rancho Texas Park
Rancho Texas offers you the opportunity to enjoy a swim with these endearing aquatic mammals that will surprise you with their intelligence and acrobatics.
A unique experience that surely will remember forever!
- Free transfer from Puerto del Carmen. The shuttle bus (i / v) from Costa Teguise and Playa Blanca has a supplement of € 5 per person.
- Entrance to Rancho Texas theme park.
- 30 minutes interaction with Sea Lions.
- Neoprene, booties and life jackets.
- 1 Souvenir Photograph
Swim with sea lions Lanzarote
Timetable: two sessions daily at 10:30 and 14:30.
Each session begins with an educational workshop by the caregivers of the sea lions and explain some peculiarities of this species. You will learn the characteristics of its species, its habitat, feeding habits, longevity, conservation, reproduction …
Then it’s time to get in touch with them in the water. Sea lions are some funny, playful and intelligent animals, acrobats and a real surprise with their antics.
What is the purpose of the meeting with Sea Lions?
The main purpose is to have an approach to these animals to educate, inform and sensitize participants to the importance of preserving the natural and marine environment.
Some interesting facts about sea lions: these mammals resemble seals, but unlike them their puppies grow very slowly and remain with the mother for several months to in some cases over two years . Males are larger and have long hair on their head while females at first glance resemble seals. However we can easily identify as the seals do not have ears and sea lions do. Recent studies demonstrate that its zoo relationship (no external appearance) is very close to lions, bears and other carnivores. Sea lions typically have an average age of 25 years and males can grow to 2.8m and weigh up to 300 kg.
- Tell us where you are staying so that we can inform you of the time and the collection point closest to your hotel for the day of the tour. The shuttle bus from Costa Teguise and Playa Blanca have a supplement of € 4 per person.
- Towel and swimwear to enjoy the pool area. In the park there are lockers and showers available to customers (€ 2 surcharge).
- This is a very exclusive activity and only takes place in small groups of up to 10 pax. We recommend booking in advance.
- Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a paying adult over 18 (one adult per child).
- A professional photographer of the park will take pictures of these intimate moments that you can purchase at the end of the activity to immortalize an endearing experience (additional cost € 20 per CD).
READ HOW TO BOOK